Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Is Amy a good role model?

Go down 
+16
cinderellyqueen
Rock_Royalty
PestimisticAngel
Magicusergirl
Dania
SoberAngel
Like U
Benerona
StainedGlassHeart
blackbutterfly
cowluva
ancientgoth
FallenHalos
Mariel
Caz
StartSomething
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Number of posts : 60567
Bless :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-18

Is Amy a good role model? Empty
PostSubject: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 09:18

So a lot people look up to Amy Lee as a role model......do people think this is a good thing or not?

Personally I think that, unlike many popular artists, she is a great role model for young people as she is a strong woman with loads of talent and has class and principles.
I don't have any kids (hope not anyway lol) but if I did I would be delighted if they looked up to Amy Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=537752925
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 1153
Humor : Lots
Bless :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue160 / 100160 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 10:07

Better Amy then Britney Spears!! Razz

Yeah i think she is, she doesn't sell her looks too much, she doesn't appear to do drugs, she hasn't had scandalous affairs, she doesn't have kids from 3 different blokes, she's not suing everyone, she doesn't get drunk all the time, she's not in rehab lol!

Nearly all celebrities do nearly all the things i've listed above
Back to top Go down
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/
Mariel
Administrator
Administrator
Mariel

Female
Number of posts : 63703
Humor : @_@
Bless :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyThu Mar 20 2008, 18:45

yes!! Twisted Evil she doesn't have to take her clothes off to sell her album, she doesn't have to be like a stick to be in a magazine...
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/marieldrl
FallenHalos
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 8344
Humor : Dead
Bless :

Curse :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptySun Mar 30 2008, 21:11

Of course she is.
She is the best SmileSmileSmile:)lol.

She respects herself and knows what she wants
she works hard to acheive her goals
she dosent sell her body or strip
she is real
Back to top Go down
http://loneliness.activeboard.com/fo...21021&p=1&a=45
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptySun Mar 30 2008, 21:36

I think you have to be a very determined person if you are a woman in the music industry and you don't want to go down the road of basically selling your body. I'm sure Amy's been pushed by record companies etc to do this but she's always says she wouldn't.
Speaking from a male point of view, that makes her far sexier than the girls who appear basically half naked in their videos Razz And also means that she is selling records due to her musical talent and not because she has flashed everything in a video Razz
Back to top Go down
ancientgoth
Here In The Darkness
Here In The Darkness
ancientgoth

Male
Number of posts : 34
Humor : Gorey/Sardonic
Bless :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptySun Mar 30 2008, 22:05

Funny question,,,I believe she is a very good role model and I believe i see it from a differing point of view than most people on this board...that of a father. I see a woman who knows what she wants and how to achieve those goals without selling herself cheap; one who uses her God given talents and artistry to the fullest extent; one who is confident and mature but has not given up her inner child; one that, as a father, would be proud to be watching from the wings at the way she has managed her life. I see it, of course, only in her interviews which are an infinitesimally small part of Amy's life so, my judgment is also just a "feeling" that I get when I see her. Amy also reminds me of my oldest daughter in some ways and I consider my daughter to be a very positive role model so, that could be a source of prejudice for me but, I look around at other women in her field and, considering the heights of popularity Amy has achieved she has remained grounded and level headed and true , in comparison so...a very, very good role model indeed - one of the rare ones!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptySat Apr 05 2008, 13:56

Caz wrote:
Better Amy then Britney Spears!!

Exactly! lol!
Back to top Go down
ancientgoth
Here In The Darkness
Here In The Darkness
ancientgoth

Male
Humor : Gorey/Sardonic
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyMon Apr 07 2008, 10:06

VampiressKayleigh wrote:
Caz wrote:
Better Amy then Britney Spears!!

Exactly! lol!

BTW, love your avatar, Kay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyTue Apr 08 2008, 18:19

Thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyWed Apr 09 2008, 09:51

Caz wrote:
Better Amy then Britney Spears!! Razz

And better Amy Lee than Amy Winehouse lol!
Back to top Go down
cowluva
Here In The Darkness
Here In The Darkness
cowluva

Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyFri Apr 11 2008, 02:03

ew, that Winehouse girl is scary!
Back to top Go down
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyFri Apr 11 2008, 08:07

Hehe - my mum once got mixed up between the Amy's I like. When Winehouse was in the paper she said "Steve, isn't that the girl you like".....at which point I started throwing things at her Laughing
Back to top Go down
cowluva
Here In The Darkness
Here In The Darkness
cowluva

Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyFri Apr 11 2008, 20:23

i'd say that's an appropriate reaction Razz
Back to top Go down
blackbutterfly
Your Star
Your Star
blackbutterfly

Female
Number of posts : 1916
Humor : Hyper
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyMon May 05 2008, 12:09

I'll say that it depends on how old the person is tongue
If it's a seven year old girl(or boy )who are fan of evanescence..
it's not that good Razz Haha, I see it. A seven year old girl with a guitar, black eyeshadow around her eyes, and with lot of hairspray in her hair.

But on older girls and boys it effects in a positive way. That band makes you wanna be your self and be orginal! Well, Amy is a good role model for me Very Happy
Back to top Go down
StainedGlassHeart
Here In The Darkness
Here In The Darkness

Number of posts : 19
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-04-02

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyThu May 22 2008, 10:14

Well...

I think if someone wants to be a strong woman like Amy, a real individual, that's great. More power to ya.

But I have seen, especially around the time of Fallen's release, a ton of Amy clones. This, to me, is sad. At concerts, people will dress in actual Amy Lee-mock costumes and do their hair exactly like her. Um, ugh. Amy is one-of-a-kind; there is nothing attractive about a hundred different "Amy's" walking around doing the same thing.

Just my opinion.

Jenna
Back to top Go down
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 1153
Humor : Lots
Bless :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue160 / 100160 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyMon May 26 2008, 07:41

StainedGlassHeart wrote:
Well...

I think if someone wants to be a strong woman like Amy, a real individual, that's great. More power to ya.

But I have seen, especially around the time of Fallen's release, a ton of Amy clones. This, to me, is sad. At concerts, people will dress in actual Amy Lee-mock costumes and do their hair exactly like her. Um, ugh. Amy is one-of-a-kind; there is nothing attractive about a hundred different "Amy's" walking around doing the same thing.

Just my opinion.

Jenna

That's true. I think everyone should just be themselves but i think everyone draws from their role models certain aspects that they admire, some people go too far and just copy their role model where as the best thing to do is just learn from them. I'd much prefer my daughter to mold herself around Amy then someone like Britney or Paris Rolling Eyes But i would prefer that she just be her own person too Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/
blackbutterfly
Your Star
Your Star
blackbutterfly

Female
Number of posts : 1916
Humor : Hyper
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyTue May 27 2008, 09:20

StainedGlassHeart wrote:
Well...

Just my opinion.

Jenna

Yeah, in my opinion it's okey to like a person and want be like that person.
But, God made us unique Razz
So I'd prefer not to die as a clone.
At parties I "volumize" my hair and take gray eyeshadow around my eyes,
but I'm not an Amy clone by that reason. Am I ? Suspect
Back to top Go down
Benerona
Here In The Darkness
Here In The Darkness
Benerona

Female
Number of posts : 78
Humor : Trampoline
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-08-06

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyFri Aug 29 2008, 08:26

StainedGlassHeart wrote:
Well...

Just my opinion.

Jenna

That's true.
There are people who has the same, well, not the same, similliar styles as Amy, but even if you look in that way, noone is the same as her, even if they dress almoust like Amy.

Amy is great, that's one of many reasons I love her . She wants to make good music and sell albums because of this, not because her half naked body would appear on the cd.
In one interview she even said that she wouldn't get naked in public, and John said : "yeah, she even wears extra clothes Very Happy "

She hasn't got any scandals . . She is who she is, and I respect that .
But to have the same hair, or make up for example, doesn't mean you're her clone Wink
Back to top Go down
Like U
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Like U

Female
Number of posts : 3531
Humor : depends on my mood
Bless :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Is Amy a good role model? Left_bar_bleue45 / 10045 / 100Is Amy a good role model? Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyFri Aug 29 2008, 08:30

amy is the best i respect her is every way, she is a good role model in many ways, as a sister as a wife as a lead singer and as a human being i just love her
Back to top Go down
SoberAngel
Here In The Darkness
Here In The Darkness
SoberAngel

Female
Number of posts : 130
Humor : Humor?? What humor??
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2009-02-09

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyWed Feb 25 2009, 22:19

blackbutterfly wrote:
I'll say that it depends on how old the person is tongue
If it's a seven year old girl(or boy )who are fan of evanescence..
it's not that good Razz Haha, I see it. A seven year old girl with a guitar, black eyeshadow around her eyes, and with lot of hairspray in her hair.

I agree with you there. If I ever saw a seven year old girl walking down the street with loads of makeup on her face and gothique-like clothing, I would totally blame Amy Very Happy

But on the other hand, it doesn't really matter how old the person is. Amy gives out a positive message for every age group. She encourages everyone to be true to themselves, and in todays society with all the weight loss commercials on TV and adds in magazines, kids can get sucked into that image and say "that's what I need to look like." But with Amy, image doesn't matter to her. She tells people to be who they want to be and not to let anyone tell them who to be.

I got my eight year old sister hooked on Ev (she knows every single song by heart - even the unreleased ones - and rocks out to them every day), and she's already starting to come out of her shell. She absolutely LOVES Amy, and I couldn't be more proud of her for choosing such a great woman to admire. Oh yeah, I'm the cool big sister lol Cool
Back to top Go down
Mariel
Administrator
Administrator
Mariel

Female
Number of posts : 63703
Humor : @_@
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyWed Feb 25 2009, 22:50

SoberAngel wrote:
But on the other hand, it doesn't really matter how old the person is. Amy gives out a positive message for every age group. She encourages everyone to be true to themselves, and in todays society with all the weight loss commercials on TV and adds in magazines, kids can get sucked into that image and say "that's what I need to look like." But with Amy, image doesn't matter to her. She tells people to be who they want to be and not to let anyone tell them who to be.

I got my eight year old sister hooked on Ev (she knows every single song by heart - even the unreleased ones - and rocks out to them every day), and she's already starting to come out of her shell. She absolutely LOVES Amy, and I couldn't be more proud of her for choosing such a great woman to admire. Oh yeah, I'm the cool big sister lol Cool

Exactly, I agree with everything you said Very Happy I'm glad you got your sis hooked on Ev bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/marieldrl
SoberAngel
Here In The Darkness
Here In The Darkness
SoberAngel

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyWed Feb 25 2009, 23:03

^Thank you very much ^^ I am too
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
FallenHalos

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyWed Feb 25 2009, 23:17

^ Hug thats my girl , the good big sis.

O_O still a shocker to me though. *cant get head wrapped around the fact you have siblings*

But yay. Of course I agree with everything you say
Back to top Go down
SoberAngel
Here In The Darkness
Here In The Darkness
SoberAngel

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyWed Feb 25 2009, 23:40

^well she's not my BIOLOGICAL sister....but she's pretty darn close

and thank you love hugs
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
FallenHalos

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? EmptyWed Feb 25 2009, 23:41

^ It's still creepy!!! O_O

uh huh Hug Hug
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is Amy a good role model?   Is Amy a good role model? Empty

Back to top Go down

Is Amy a good role model?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next