Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interpretation thread

Go down 
+4
StartSomething
Dania
ancientgoth
Caz
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 1153
Humor : Lots
Bless :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue160 / 100160 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-17

Interpretation thread Empty
PostSubject: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyThu Apr 03 2008, 06:43

Ok so an idea from Ev board Razz

I say a song and you try to interpret the meaning behind it, what do you think the song actually means? I will post a new song once responses to the first song have died down.

Solitude
Back to top Go down
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/
ancientgoth
Here In The Darkness
Here In The Darkness
ancientgoth

Male
Number of posts : 34
Humor : Gorey/Sardonic
Bless :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyFri Apr 04 2008, 00:14

Yes...pretty straightforward this one! Someone you are "friends" with and in time you fall in love with them and are too intimidated to tell them so you try and drop hints to let them know how you feel and, they let you know they love someone else so you keep quiet as the feelings of emptiness and despair grow inside of you until the secret explodes...better to tell them early, is it not? Sad
Back to top Go down
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Bless :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue160 / 100160 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyFri Apr 04 2008, 05:23

[quote="ancientgoth"]Yes...pretty straightforward this one! Someone you are "friends" with and in time you fall in love with them and are too intimidated to tell them so you try and drop hints to let them know how you feel and, they let you know they love someone else so you keep quiet as the feelings of emptiness and despair grow inside of you until the secret explodes...better to tell them early, is it not? Sad[/quote]

Excellent interpretation there!

I totally agree with you, i just wander if Amy has been in this situation before? Do you think she wrote about a personal experience of hers? She makes you feel like she has doesn't she?
Back to top Go down
Dania
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Dania

Female
Number of posts : 10650
Humor : Stupid and crazy =D
Bless :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-21

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyFri Apr 04 2008, 15:13

Well It's About Her Being Alone All The Time And Being Left Behind And Abandoned And This Solitude That She LiVes Nobody Notices Her Nobody Knows That She's EVen There They Just Look Through Her EVen The Guy She Fell In LoVe With Can't EVen See Her He NeVer Thinks She'll Be The One Who Likes Him
Back to top Go down
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptySat Apr 12 2008, 10:17

Well that's died down now so let's go with

Everybody's Fool
Back to top Go down
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Number of posts : 60567
Bless :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptySat Apr 12 2008, 10:30

Well I think Everybody's Fool is basically about the falseness (is that a word? lol) of certain people. The lies that people tell....how people will often "hide behind a mask" and how sometimes when we think we know someone very well we really don't.
Its also a stab at celebrity culture and false icons. I always relate it to my ex-girlfriend because after two years turns out I never really knew her at all. The lines "I know the truth now, I know who you are and I don't love you anymore" run through my head every time I see her.
Its my favorite Ev song, probably always will be and the video was awesome as well! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=537752925

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptySat Apr 12 2008, 16:20

I would it fakeness, I think.
Back to top Go down
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyMon Apr 14 2008, 08:52

A little bit about the song from VH1.com

"Lee conceptualized the video around the lyrics to the song, which she wrote five years ago.

"My little sister was really getting into these, I don't want to offend anyone, but like really fake, cheesy, slutty female cracker-box idols, and it really pissed me off," Lee said. "She started dressing like them and she was like 8 years old. So I gave her the talk and I wrote a song."

In the opening verse, Lee sings, "Perfect by nature, icons of self-indulgence/ Just what we all need/ More lies about a world/ That never was and never will be."

"It's kind of about exposing that it's fake," she said. "And the video's more along the lines of exposing the real behind-the-scenes [lives] of some of these people. It's basically showing the glamorous lifestyle and the depressed, selfish misery behind it.

"It's like beating a dead horse at this point, but at the time Britney Spears was just coming out," Lee continued. "But I still think it's relevant."
Back to top Go down
Dania
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Dania

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyMon Apr 14 2008, 13:19

Well I Don't Think You Left Us Sth To Say U Said EVerything I Was Gonna Say!

And I NeVer Read That Info From VH1 So ThanX
I LoVe That Song So Much!!

Last edited by Teardrop101 on Mon May 26 2008, 13:38; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptySun May 25 2008, 11:06

Having done this for a while Razz

Good Enough
Back to top Go down
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptySun May 25 2008, 11:14

Great song. One of the best. Who doesn't feel like this sometimes in a relationship thats really good, wondering whether we are "good enough" - "waiting for the rain to fall". Piano fantastic, Amy's voice brilliant and great video as well.

Haunted
Back to top Go down
blackbutterfly
Your Star
Your Star
blackbutterfly

Female
Number of posts : 1916
Humor : Hyper
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-05-03

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyMon May 26 2008, 09:50

"Haunted" is a very cool song!
One of the best I think.
Haunted has a great video and text Very Happy
Back to top Go down
FallenHalos
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
FallenHalos

Female
Number of posts : 8344
Humor : Dead
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyMon May 26 2008, 20:54

Haunted rocks.
Amy said in an interview that Haunted was more like what Ev is about....something like that.

Haunted....... hmm.... ITs about overcoming things maybe? Fighting back? Taking control?
Back to top Go down
http://loneliness.activeboard.com/fo...21021&p=1&a=45
Franneke
So Close
So Close
Franneke

Female
Number of posts : 986
Bless :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyFri Jun 27 2008, 00:18

I'd like to know about "The Only One" , how you all interprete this song?
One time I read an interpretation ( I guess what Amy originally thought when she written it) but its a bit confusing confused
help!! Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyFri Jun 27 2008, 14:27

A little information from Wikipedia:

The guitar part by Balsamo makes this song remarkable. The piano playing and the vocals by Amy remind us of Missing. When the 7-string guitar takes over, we are a bit reminded of Korn (of which Evanescence have covered Thoughtless on Anywhere But Home). The intro features a small clip from Tuna Afternoon.

Amy's description of the song:

The song is about some of my experiences as a teenager with close-mindedness. I thought the people around me seemed lost in a world that I really didn't belong in. It's kind of spiritual. We originally called the track 'Tuna Afternoon', because I made tuna noodle casserole that day. We still call the song 'Tuna Afternoon'. Sometimes it's hard to get past that working title.

During the fan Q&A at Evanescence's performance for Nissan Live Sets, Amy stated:

It's weird. I was inspired by lots of things. The lyrics were really about a lot of my youth when I felt like I was in a very small town, I was in Little Rock and everything, and I felt very different from everyone around me, became really apparent, and places like school and church, I just felt like nobody got what I really wanted to hear, I guess. You want the truth, you want the real answers, you want the meaning of life, and you just get stuff that's easy to swallow, so... I don't know, I guess the songs is about growing up and realizing you have to kind of find the answers and not listen to everybody who you think knows what they're talking about. But yeah, Terry and I just wrote music till very very early in the mornings when we were writing The Open Door and I remember writing forever and being so excited about that song and I thought it was the first single and like, it's the best song in the world and... I don't know, eating a lot of food and just [laughters from the audience] being stupid. We love this song very much.

The so-called "demo" version of this song that surfaced after the album's release later turned out to be a fan made remix.
Back to top Go down
Franneke
So Close
So Close
Franneke

Female
Number of posts : 986
Bless :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue60 / 10060 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Interpretation thread Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Interpretation thread Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-20

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyFri Jun 27 2008, 22:49

thanks!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/franciska_af
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptySat Jun 28 2008, 06:24

No problem ! Very Happy

I like Amy's description very much Razz
Back to top Go down
Dania
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Dania

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyTue Aug 05 2008, 08:08

I Would Love To Know How You Guys Interprete "Whisper"
Back to top Go down
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyTue Aug 05 2008, 12:21

I see the song as being about pain, suffering and loneliness......but being determined enough to overcome them all Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Dania
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Dania

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyTue Aug 05 2008, 16:40

Quote :
I see the song as being about pain, suffering and loneliness......but being determined enough to overcome them all Twisted Evil

Yeah I See It In The Same Way But I Feel It's More About Loneliness The Pain And Suffering Are Caused By The Loneliness And All That She Feels All That She Sees Is Just Also Caused By This Loneliness..
Back to top Go down
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 11:53

Mariel I'm surprised that you have not put your interpretation here, we're talking about your favorite song here lol!
Back to top Go down
Mariel
Administrator
Administrator
Mariel

Female
Number of posts : 63703
Humor : @_@
Bless :

Curse :

Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 20:25

Well, Dania said everythig:

Teardrop101 wrote:
Yeah I See It In The Same Way But I Feel It's More About Loneliness The Pain And Suffering Are Caused By The Loneliness And All That She Feels All That She Sees Is Just Also Caused By This Loneliness..

I totally agree with her Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/marieldrl
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interpretation thread   Interpretation thread Empty

Back to top Go down

Interpretation thread
Page 1 of 1