Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Welcome Guest!

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Evanescence News Thread

Go down 
+21
BrokenDemise
AmyLeeFan29
Aimee
EraseTheSilence
Britrogue
Rock_Royalty
Karin
PestimisticAngel
SoberAngel
KalliopePhoenix
Mrs.Lovett
Caz
Like U
Dania
blackbutterfly
FallenHalos
EvanescenceGirl
LeiaLeFey
Franneke
StartSomething
Mariel
25 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next
AuthorMessage
Dania
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Dania

Female
Number of posts : 10650
Humor : Stupid and crazy =D
Bless :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-21

Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 04 2008, 17:47

I Like Shaun Morgan He's Got A Great Voice And He Writes Some Amazing Lyrics!
Back to top Go down
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Number of posts : 60567
Bless :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue30 / 10030 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-18

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05 2008, 11:36

I think it was a kinda funny what that Ev fan did by playing CMWYS really loud but its also pretty stupid lol!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=537752925
Dania
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Dania

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05 2008, 16:45

Quote :
I think it was a kinda funny what that Ev fan did by playing CMWYS really loud but its also pretty stupid lol!

Yeah It's Pretty Funny! Very Happy Laughing Laughing Laughing lol! (I'm Laughing So Hard! Right Now!) Lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 17:19

I feel bad for Shaun honsetly. It's one thing to be pissed off at somebody and vent, but she cost him a chunk of his rep. And that's not cool to me.
Back to top Go down
Dania
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Dania

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 17:22

Yeah You're Right But Seether Are Still Going Strong It Hasn't Effected Their Rep..
Back to top Go down
EvanescenceGirl
Is Where I Belong
Is Where I Belong
EvanescenceGirl

Female
Number of posts : 502
Humor : =)
Bless :

Curse :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Sally's Song (cover)   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 17:28

Fresh news! Very Happy

Quote :
Walt Disney Records will release "Nightmare Revisited," a collection of
covers and new recordings inspired by the 1993 film "Tim Burton's The
Nightmare Before Christmas," on Sept. 30 2008.

Amy covered the song called "Sally's Song". Here are the lyrics:

I sense there's something in the wind
That feels like tragedy's at hand
And though I'd like to stand by him
Can't shake this feeling that I have
The worst is just around the bend

And does he notice my feelings for him?
And will he see how much he means to me?
I think it's not to be

What will become of my dear friend?

Where will his actions lead us then?
Although I'd like to join the crowd
In their enthusiastic cloud
Try as I may, it doesn't last

And will we ever end up together?
No, I think not, it's never to become
For I am not the one

God, I'm so curious to hear it! bounce
Back to top Go down
http://agirlinthedarkness.tumblr.com/
Dania
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Dania

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 17:34

Wow! That's Really Fresh News! I Didn't Hear About It Before!
Yeah I Wanna Hear It Too!! bounce
Back to top Go down
Mariel
Administrator
Administrator
Mariel

Female
Number of posts : 63703
Humor : @_@
Bless :

Curse :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-19

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 07 2008, 20:21

YAY!! cheers I wanna hear it I wanna hear it bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.last.fm/user/marieldrl
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08 2008, 10:20

Cool I can't wait to hear this bounce
Back to top Go down
EvanescenceGirl
Is Where I Belong
Is Where I Belong
EvanescenceGirl

Female
Number of posts : 502
Humor : =)
Bless :

Curse :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue10 / 10010 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08 2008, 12:41

Ktsunami already made a topic for this... :s
I didn't know, I'm sorry! Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://agirlinthedarkness.tumblr.com/
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 08 2008, 13:24

EvanescenceGirl wrote:
Ktsunami already made a topic for this... :s
I didn't know, I'm sorry! Embarassed

Hey it doesn't matter Silvia - this is for general Ev news Very Happy

Anyways its exciting so we can have two threads Laughing
Back to top Go down
Dania
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Dania

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23 2008, 13:31

I Just Found This It's Amy Talking About The Songs On The Open Door But I Don't Think It's New..

Quote :

1. " Sweet Sacrifice "

The dynamic opener, all chugging riffs and vocal arabesques. Evanescence is back. It's the one song on The Open Door that's about the same abusive relationship which was the source of all the songs on Fallen. It was appropriate to put this song at the beginning, but it comes from a much stronger standpoint than Fallen. It's not saying, "I'm trapped in fear and somebody save me." It's saying, "Fear is only in our minds ... I'm not afraid anymore."

2. " Call Me When You're Sober "

Lee plays the woman scorned. Key lyric: "Must be exhausting to lose your own game."
It's very obvious who it's about. I know that people would read between the lines and think it's about my ex-boyfriend Shaun Morgan [of Seether], but I wanted to be completely clear. I needed so bad to say exactly what I was feeling for so long. Music is therapy for me. It's my outlet for every negative thing I've ever been through. It lets me turn something bad into something beautiful

2. " Weight of the World "

A relentless rocker with Eastern motifs and distorted vocals.

I live for the rock songs. With the line-up changing, I think a lot of people thought it would be more of the "My Immortal" stuff. But "My Immortal" was Ben [Moody]'s song! I was always trying to pull us in a crazier direction. Songs like "Weight of the World" and "Sweet Sacrifice" and "All That I'm Living For" are so amazing to me because of the adrenaline. Especially when we play them live.

4. " Lithium "

"Don't want to forget the fear of lithium." One of several songs Lee sings in a lower register.

I wrote the chorus on the guitar when I was about 16. I always thought it was a cool chorus, but I never used it for anything. I started playing it on the piano and the verses came out. I have a pile of pieces stowed away in my mind that maybe I'll use some day. In a way it's an old song, but not really. It grew up.

5. " Cloud Nine "

A vocal tour de force, using strings, studio effects and Lee's own layered moaning.

It's about breaking up. There are a lot of relationship struggles on the record. I always write about what I was feeling, because then it's genuine. I was struggling with a relationship and felt like a waste of space. The first lyric says it all, "If you want to live, let live/ If you want to go, let go/ What are we doing here?/ Because I can live without you."

6. " Snow White Queen "

Industrial beats usher in one of Lee's most powerful vocal performances.

I went through some weird experiences with stalkers. It's weird how it works. My lyrics are so intimate that people feel like they really know me, and I don't know them at all. My privacy had been completely invaded and there were a couple of nights where I couldn't stay at my house. So I wrote a song about it through the eyes of the stalker, and with my perspective, too

7. " Lacrymosa "

It means "related to sadness." Which becomes obvious when you hear it.

I saw Amadeus when I was nine years old and fell in love with Mozart. The part of Mozart's Requiem called "Lacrymosa" is my favorite piece of music ever. I always wished we could cover it, but with programming and guitars and make it cool. It's our moment to try all the things I wanted to and couldn't, so I started messing with it in Protools. Terry wrote some riffs and turned it into this awesome metal epic

8. " Like You "

Tense, mournful ... and the closest The Open Door gets to Fallen's world-beating ballads.

"Like You" is maybe the most intimate song on the record. It was about losing my little sister when I was a child. On the last record, I wrote "Hello" about her. "Like You" is her place on this record.

9. " Lose Control "
"You don't remember my name, I don't really care." The anger's in the music.

Terry uses a lot of delay and noises. His guitar playing is really creepy! He also uses a lot of half-step two chords, which I love. I felt like I wasn't really allowed to use stuff like that before, because Ben didn't like it. But songs like "Lose Control" go from C to a C sharp, back and forth. I love those. It's that Portishead influence.

10. " The Only One "

Like Sarah McLachlan if she was singing in the ninth circle of hell.

The song is about some of my experiences as a teenager with close-mindedness. I thought the people around me seemed lost in a world that I really didn't belong in. It's kind of spiritual. We originally called the track "Tuna Afternoon," because I made tuna noodle casserole that day. We still call the song "Tuna Afternoon." Sometimes it's hard to get past that working title
[/size]

11. " Your Star "

The jet-propelled coda was inspired by Terry Balsamo's Pantera fixation.

A couple of years ago, I felt so alone that I was dreading going on tour. We had just arrived in Lisbon and I was in my room feeling jet-lagged, weird and tired. I had just been home where I could see the stars at night. But when I looked out the hotel window in Lisbon, I couldn't see anything because we were in this big city. That was the last straw. I felt so depressed, I just started singing this song

12. " All That I'm Living For "

An opening salvo of guitars keeps up the momentum, in spite of Lee's delicate delivery.

I love that song. It feels really different for us. The lyrics are about my writing process-how I put the song together, why I do it, and how I'm trying to fix all the things that are wrong with me through music. The first line says, "Save me from the night again/ I can feel the separation from the living." It's always night time when I start writing, just as the dusk is setting.

13. " Good Enough "

I'm okay, you're okay. All pianos and gentle vocals, ending the album on a hopeful note.

I had gone through a lot of difficult things during the writing of the whole album, and by the end of it, I had stepped away from those bad situations. That's really hard. You have to be really brave and strong about it. After doing that, I felt so amazing. For the first time I felt like I could write a song based on how good I felt. I have never done that before ever.

Back to top Go down
Mariel
Administrator
Administrator
Mariel

Female
Bless :

Curse :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23 2008, 14:55

Thanks Dania Smile cheers
Back to top Go down
Like U
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Like U

Female
Number of posts : 3531
Humor : depends on my mood
Bless :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue45 / 10045 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-07-03

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 23 2008, 15:19

thanks dania i never read that before except for your star
Back to top Go down
Dania
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Dania

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 25 2008, 12:09

Ur Welcome Very Happy Very Happy Yeah Me Too I Never Read It Before..
Back to top Go down
Like U
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Like U

Female
Bless :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue200 / 100200 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue45 / 10045 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29 2008, 06:18

'And does he notice my feelings for him?
And will he see how much he means to me?
I think it's not to be
What will become of my dear friend?'-sally song

its just a 30 second preview
Back to top Go down
Mariel
Administrator
Administrator
Mariel

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29 2008, 12:30

^ Beautiful I love you I love you I love you can't wait to hear the rest bounce bounce Thanks Stef!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Like U
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Like U

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 29 2008, 12:51

welcome she sound so wow
Back to top Go down
Mariel
Administrator
Administrator
Mariel

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24 2008, 02:53

*dances* LETTER FROM AMY!!!!! bounce

Quote :
Amy On Leno
Source: EvClub.com
"Hey guys! I just wanted to say a few things about Sally's song.
I first saw the Nightmare Before Christmas when I was about 13 years old. I loved it so much- the art, the music, the story- that I have watched it at least 40 times since then. It has been an inspiration to me since my artistic identity was just beginning to form, and it never gets old- it still puts me in the mood to create. I was the girl in high school who was blasting TNBC soundtrack in my car instead of whatever was cool back then. In all honesty, Sally's Song has always been "my song" on that CD, and I used to play it over and over, making up harmonies to sing with it. I just want to gush out loud that I am SO lucky that I got to do this. Please believe me when I say they couldn't have gotten a bigger fan to do it. The coolest part about it was that I had complete creative control. It was just like, "go for it!" and I got to recreate the song however I wanted. So I went to my good friend Will Hunt's studio in Ft. Worth (not the evanescence drummer, weird coincidence but its a totally different guy), who is a very creative producer and drummer, and we just had fun with it. I decided to whip out my new budding skill and play harp on the track, which I LOVE and intend to use much more in the future. Even though my version is different than the original, I wanted to pay homage to Danny Elfman and to Sally in every way I could, from the creepy background vocals to the droning harmonium (which reminds me of the accordian in the song). I can't wait for it to come out, I love it so much! Thanks Will!
I'm not sure if you guys know this yet, but I'm going to play it on the Tonight Show on October 13. Tim will be up there with me.
I hope you enjoy the song, I cant wait to hear what you think! Very Happy
love,
Amy"

AHHHH!!! *dies* Razz I want to hear it bounce I'm gonna watch that performance I don't care if I have to wait until midnight to see it lol I just want to see Amy performing again bounce and she used the HARP!!! Very Happy .... hehehe... I'm sorry I'm just excited, it's been a long time Razz

........ 20 days until October 13th....... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Like U
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Like U

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24 2008, 09:22

cool i cant wait
Back to top Go down
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24 2008, 13:59

Wow fantastic news! Very Happy

That is so great to read!

Step aside all you crappy singers, Amy is back Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Like U
All That I'm Living For
All That I'm Living For
Like U

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 24 2008, 14:01

hell yeah guess whose back amys back yet again
Back to top Go down
Mariel
Administrator
Administrator
Mariel

Female
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 00:16

...... 19 days...... Razz

She'll play with Tim I love you
Back to top Go down
StartSomething
The Ultimate Ev Fan
The Ultimate Ev Fan
StartSomething

Male
Bless :

Curse :

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 05:12

We get the Tonight Show here so hopefully I'll be able to see it Twisted Evil I'm sure it will be up on youtube straight away anyway Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Caz
THE BOSS
THE BOSS
Caz

Female
Number of posts : 1153
Humor : Lots
Bless :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue160 / 100160 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Curse :
Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Left_bar_bleue20 / 10020 / 100Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-03-17

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 25 2008, 05:17

I love that song Shocked I love the whole film! bounce Oooh this is going to be good bounce
Back to top Go down
http://www.femmemetalwebzine.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Evanescence News Thread   Evanescence News Thread - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Evanescence News Thread
Page 2 of 39Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 39  Next